Let Us Live in Truth.
We Know that Life
Can be a Lonely Garden
With Slow Minutes,
or a Sea that has Slipped Away.

My Wish: To Live With Open Hands,
To See with the Eyes of A Child,
To Celebrate the Fire Beneath My Skin,
To Dwell on the Rooftops of Love,
To Die a Small Death.

There are Unknown Colors
that can Alter Our Hearts.
Paint With that Palette.
Be as Weightless as a Petal.
Fill that Empty Sky and Dance.

Jillita-The Happiest Chica in the World

Jillita-The Happiest Chica in the World
Photograph by Rick Peterson

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dissimulation

As a creative writer, a wordsmith, I tend to poeticize my perceptions. It is easy to get lost in a zodiac of words, all those dark skies, ephemeral ice, or the pale hand of spring.

On this morning, I am thinking of more coherent things. Here is what I am waiting for as I dissimulate my desire: My fingertips wish to dance on a keyboard day and night, to
write something that will be scented with truth and a piercing light.

I enjoy my visual world, the twist of my camera, that miracle of making images. But writing is in my dangling DNA. It is my wild love, my nakedness, the echo of a lost Self that I have come to know over and over again.

So I am lowering my window and biting my lips. There is a near whisper outside but I must strain to hear its voice. Manifestation is a powerful tool once you come clean. I am ready to traverse every possibility. I am scattering my own wings and allowing the wind to shake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment