Let Us Live in Truth.
We Know that Life
Can be a Lonely Garden
With Slow Minutes,
or a Sea that has Slipped Away.

My Wish: To Live With Open Hands,
To See with the Eyes of A Child,
To Celebrate the Fire Beneath My Skin,
To Dwell on the Rooftops of Love,
To Die a Small Death.

There are Unknown Colors
that can Alter Our Hearts.
Paint With that Palette.
Be as Weightless as a Petal.
Fill that Empty Sky and Dance.

Jillita-The Happiest Chica in the World

Jillita-The Happiest Chica in the World
Photograph by Rick Peterson

Thursday, August 20, 2009

From " The Seizure Journals"

No space is wider than the schism within yourself.

Last night I became a fire without a flame, a wingless bird, an empty sky with no light.

When the seizure comes it is a subtle thing: a small quiver in my right foot, a strange pull inside my thigh. A strange sorrow rises inside of me. I lie quietly and wait for the storm to begin.

My body is no longer my own. It has its own fierce compass. I move towards a destination I have visited too many times before.

I fly over the world. I weep, I break inside of time. There is no mercy. With each convulsion, my body becomes an ungraceful marionette. Its fury is like an untold secret, a promise that bristles, or a lover with cold stone eyes.

There is a long shudder as my limps unravels from its grasp. The Death of Self comes not once but twice: first when I break inside the darkness, again when I open that last door in silence, lost and unhinged.

I return to myself as a fugitive, one who no longer has a place to hide. I move back into the phantom night, blackened and brittle, alone. I become more than absence and less than grief.

There is nothing, nothing, left inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment